Friday 24 October 2008

Second Day -What do I want to do with this?

So here we are on the 2nd day of this blog and I'm wondering what I want to write about. I think maybe I need to figure out what I want to do with this blog. I'm not sure I konw this yet, a lot like I don't know about a lot of the areas in my life at the moment and what I want to do. I don't have a specific 'plan' so to speak and this is making me think that perhaps I need one. What motivation is there to do anything if you don't have at least some sort of a plan? I was thinking that maybe I could use this blog to create a plan as I go along, this is a bit like the 'knitting' that I do a lot of the time. Even when I follow a pattern I am still not sure what I will end up with at the end of the day. I am never even sure half-way through that i will like it, even, when I get to the end of the item. What was I thinking when I chose this wool and all sorts of stuff like that.

I have a lot of thoughts in my head all day, partly because I am that kinda person, and partly because, I spend a lot of time on my own. I quite like a bit of time on my own, but, really, I am a social creature at heart. I value my good friends very highly indeed and think that I have a good bunch of the real life variety as well as those I have met online too- my 'forum friends'. I want to use this space to write down how I am feeling. As my sister says 'a place to vent'. For me writing seems the natural medium for this. Something else that is just inside me. I like to 'rant' a bit too, and friends are really good for this (well mine are) but sometimes I feel a bit guilty that this is a bit of a oneway street and also I am not sure it is always so nice to have a mate like me who phones you up and rabbits on for hours about herself and all the little things that are niggling her. My friends don't seem to mind a bit, but I mind doing it all the time, so maybe this blog would be a good place to 'do' my rantings too. What do you think? At the moment this is just me reading, but, you never know. One day I might be more organised and then you'll all see.......

7 comments:

  1. Hurray! You are blogging again, I think it will do you the world of good. Just don't put too much pressure on yourself. I for one am dying to hear your rantings etc. Something else I am dying to hear about is Venice....come on hurry up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I can find the flipping photos, EJ, that dh has hidden somewhere on the hard drive then I will write about Venice. This is going to be a very low-tech, low-key operation to start with I think. Whenever I say I'm going to do something I hardly ever stick to it so I am just going to chill and see what comes up. But thanks for your lovely comment and support and welcome to the blog. How comes you got here so quickly AND thought of something to say?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your reply to my 'prokect' post and followed the link. I have been hoping you would continue your blogging as I enjoyed the last one so much so was excited to see that you had :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very pleased that you have started to blog again. I am so looking forward to hearing all about your recent trip to Venice. Did you manage to visit any of the glass making workshops? What about the food markets ... I feel myself getting a bit carried away ... Sono davvero ansioso di lettura circa il vostro viaggio a Venezia. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alex, I didn't know you spoke imperfect Italian too!! I thought it was just me!! I will write about Venice either here or on Linda's blog (probably both!!) Didn't manage the glass blowing workshops as it was such a whirlwind and there is so, so much to see there also with two kids in tow and my dd and ds ;) it was just a nightmare waiting to happen. I need at least a couple of weeks there just pottering about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Like the sound of this blog.
    Will check back regularly - no pressure.
    It's lovely hearing about your life in Italy and I try to imagine it all in my head.
    Take care
    love
    Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Heather, nice to see you here. I like reading your blog too, as you know. I need to get better at doing the photo thing I think but the first step is remembering to take a camera out with you, isn't it!! Take care, and welcomexxxx

    ReplyDelete