Tuesday 4 November 2008

Being Thankful again.

I really want to have another go at this today as it really helped yesterday to make me feel good. So, here goes:

Today I am thankful for:
  • Being able to drive a car. Without this skill dd would not have been able to go to nursery here and learn how to speak Italian so quickly. It would also mean that on rainy days like today, I would be walking DS to school rather than all being nicely protected in the car. This is something I see as a great privilege which I am truly thankful for.
  • My sense of humour. I might not always be able to see the funny side straight away, but I do usually see the funny side of things eventually and it just makes life more bearable in general if you can laugh at stuff.
  • My books. They may not be high-tech, but I love the smells and the ideas and the possibilities that are available in books.
  • My ability to read. Without this the books would be useless and I would miss out on such a lot of what makes life livable for me. The ability to read in general is magical. I am fascinated by it. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it manifest itself in DS so much that I had to offer my services to the school in order to help the children there to understand the pure joy that this ability brings.
Well, that is enough for today for me. There doesn't need to be lots of stuff I don't think, but for me I feel it is important to do something like this. Sometimes it is so hard to be thankful for anything that maybe just a little habit like this will be able to help me to look at things a little differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment